#1 dand883

dand883

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:40 AM

Hey Guy,

I'll be trying to catch a few flounder this weekend and want to know what you guys use for bait or setups for them.

A friend from Deer Island said he always used to catch them with pieces of hotdog on a hook with a sinker 3-6" back from the baited hook so that it streamed back from the sinker.

I've watched a few videos and most seem to use two bucktail heads with gulp minnows or shrimp on them, but let me know what you have found works best.

#2 flyfishing90

flyfishing90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationMoncton, NB

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:37 AM

I was using the same setup as your friend but was using freezer burned cooked shrimps from a shrimp ring I forgot in the freezer. They loved it! I was using long shank hook because they tend to swallowed them deep and it's easier to remove with pliers. I was pinching the barbs to to facilitate the hook removal. Good luck!

#3 Pascal

Pascal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:18 PM

Hi  guys  I am no expert but fished for them very late in  April( first time ever) and had great success in the Shediac area using Night Crawlers . I was using a slip sinker and some Flounder leaders (Bass Pro) with a weird long shank off set hook and a yellow bead. As Flyfishing90 said long shank was key for both hook removal and also for the bait. Both incoming tide, out going tide and slack produced fish, so wont make any statements about best times to fish ( I think ,I was just lucky as a newb trying it for the first time), well have fun,and heard they were delicious, is this true ? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users