#1 Brent

Brent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Locationrusagonis

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:03 AM

A buddy and I fished Little Magaguadavic Lake yesterday, hoping to target smallmouth. We've fished it off and on over three decades and caught some truly impressive fish, but hadn't been back in over 5 years. I recall back in 2010 there was some discussion here about chain pickerel getting established in Magaguadavic and Little Magaguadavic lakes. We'd always encountered a few in the thoroughfare, but only occasionally in the little lake.

Well, yesterday that's about all we caught, and plenty of them.  We hooked one little 10" smallie, a handful of very small perch, and a LOT of pickerel.  Some were predictably in the weedbeds but a LOT of them were in the rock rubble along the shoreline, where we'd expected to find smallies.

Anyone finding bass in Little Magaguadavic?  Did we just hit a post-spawn lull?

brent

#2 BobD

BobD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationFredericton

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:50 AM

A friend and I were there on Monday and just caught pickerel, though we were in kayaks and stayed in the thoroughfare most of it due to the heavy winds.  We went up the lake a bit (maybe 1/3 the way up), and wondered if maybe the bass fishing might be better further up.

#3 Brent

Brent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Locationrusagonis

Posted 01 July 2016 - 03:06 PM

We started at the inlet at the north end of the lake, and caught pickerel there, and all the way down the western shore, so I'd say you didn't miss any bass by stopping where you did. Then again, a more competent bass fisherman than me might have done better.

brent

#4 BobD

BobD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationFredericton

Posted 02 July 2016 - 12:45 PM

Apparently more competent than me too!

#5 Quispamgolfer

Quispamgolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationQuispamsis

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:52 PM

I caught them pickerels in the middle deepest part of the lake this year also...very disappointed to find pickerels in middle of lake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users