#1 Paul

Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:33 PM

Hi all,

I may decide to go fishing tomorrow morning on the Renous River. It's a long drive in, so just wondering if there is still too much water there to be worth my while... What would you recommend? Has anyone been there in the last couple days?

Thanks ahead of time,
Paul

#2 Jamie

Jamie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationWoodstock

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:21 PM

I was on the north branch Friday and there was plenty of action, in 4 hours there were 8 hooked that I saw amongst the folks fishing (in one pool)and the water was high then. Really looking good everywhere in the province. Unless they got a lot of rain it should still be great fishing. Good luck!

#3 gdog

gdog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • LocationMemramcook

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:15 PM

Hi all,

I may decide to go fishing tomorrow morning on the Renous River. It's a long drive in, so just wondering if there is still too much water there to be worth my while... What would you recommend? Has anyone been there in the last couple days?

Thanks ahead of time,
Paul

I didn't go myself ....but from what I heard some ppl had alot of fun the last few days, so if you have the opportunity I think you should go ;)

#4 zamboni-guy

zamboni-guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationMoncton

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:30 PM

Hi all,

Thanks ahead of time,
Paul

I'm heading up tomm late afternoon there till fri. Rain or shine! As far as the drive, depends on where your gonna be ? Quarryville at the mouth no !! From Moncton it's 1:45 .. up river can be twice as long depending on where .. Chadman and I were up there last week at some upper pools and fish were there as well places I wouldn't think of seeing fish this early !!

#5 Paul

Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:36 PM

Thanks a lot guys, I decided to head up... will let you know how it went...

#6 nbdeerhunter

nbdeerhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationSalisbury

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:15 AM

I am heading up that way next week with my wife and nephew...My nephew is 12 and this is his 1st salmon fishing trip. I hope to get him into at least 1 fish

#7 Paul

Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:46 PM

I am heading up that way next week with my wife and nephew...My nephew is 12 and this is his 1st salmon fishing trip. I hope to get him into at least 1 fish

Just got back from today's trip on the Renous River... me and a friend got into 2 fish and rolled a couple each... we ran into a lot of people on the river today, most were content with the day's fishing, but most thought fishing was ''slow'' compared to the last few days...

Water levels were fine, a tad on the high side maybe... water temp was 66 degrees this morning at 5:00 am... pretty sure it will be in the mid 70s by this afternoon with today's hot sun.

Fish were even taking right where the North Renous crosses the Renous highway... that could be a great place to teach him to fish salmon... lots of room to cast (maybe he is already a good caster) and a clear view of the fish that could potentially hit his fly.

Have a good trip,
Paul

#8 Dirt-Farmer

Dirt-Farmer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationJohnville

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:38 PM

Was up there last night hokked into two but landed none, I was all by my self. Where would a fella get a detailed map of all the pools on the Renous River?

#9 gdog

gdog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • LocationMemramcook

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:42 PM

Was up there last night hokked into two but landed none, I was all by my self. Where would a fella get a detailed map of all the pools on the Renous River?

Here we go http://www.manzer.net/fish/index.html

#10 nbdeerhunter

nbdeerhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationSalisbury

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:31 PM

thanks Paul

I am hoping to get to a few pools that are fairly easy to fish and with any luck not too crowded so he can get into the swing of things...I don't want to frustrate him or have him shy away as he is just getting started.
His casting isn't too bad and I have been teaching him when I can..I plan to get him practicing some on my lawn early next week before we head up.
I thought about the bridge pool but expect it to be busy but never know as I am there on weekdays and returning home Saturday when the weekend crowds show up

There are a couple pools on the LSW I may take him too as well.

#11 Dirt-Farmer

Dirt-Farmer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationJohnville

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:49 PM

Gdog i have all of them printed off. I was up there on saturday and there is a bunch of pools that are not on that set of maps is there anything eles out there for maps of the renous i am willing to pay for them.

#12 Bill Gass

Bill Gass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:23 PM

Gdog i have all of them printed off. I was up there on saturday and there is a bunch of pools that are not on that set of maps is there anything eles out there for maps of the renous i am willing to pay for them.

If you find a new set of maps for the Renous we could look at putting them on our site if they aren't copyrighted. The Salmon Museum in Doaktown may have some newer maps.

Bill G.

#13 zamboni-guy

zamboni-guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationMoncton

Posted 11 July 2011 - 05:33 AM

If you find a new set of maps for the Renous we could look at putting them on our site if they aren't copyrighted. The Salmon Museum in Doaktown may have some newer maps.

Bill G.

Bill there is a new map for the Renous I seen it last week 2 fellows came down in a canoe stopped and asked what the name of the pool was they logged it on their GPS and then pulled out a map and asked if I could tell them the names of the next pools I asked him where he got the map he said a buddy sent it to him I gave him my email adress and asked if he would forward it to me he said he would but he was there for a week and that was thurs. so if I get it I will post it . Cheers

#14 Dirt-Farmer

Dirt-Farmer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationJohnville

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:16 PM

That is great ZBG. Where were you fishing on the renous? I fish the north a lot. Does anyone know if you can canoe the north renous if you can how far up it can you start and how long to get to the Bridge on the 108? Would love to see those maps.

#15 riverwalker

riverwalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationRiverview

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:16 PM

That is great ZBG. Where were you fishing on the renous? I fish the north a lot. Does anyone know if you can canoe the north renous if you can how far up it can you start and how long to get to the Bridge on the 108? Would love to see those maps.

I'd make sure you had some good sized bumpers on your canoe if your planning on doing the N. Renous, I know its a challenge for the most experienced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users